FinanciallySecure.ca website offers online financial security advise, insurance quotes comparison, insurance advisory and other related services. We take your privacy seriously.
This Privacy Statement describes our information processing practices in relation to you and your personal data as well as the types of information we may collect when you visit our site as well as our practice of using, maintaining, storing and disclosing information you provides to us including Personally Identifiable Information.
Please review this policy before using any services on this site or before submitting any personal identifiable information. By continue using this site, it is presumed that you agree to the practices described in this policy. This policy may be changed; however, any changes will be reflected on this page and do not apply retroactively. Review this policy regularly to ensure you are fully understanding how your information is used.
Collection of information
The website collects personally identifiable information such as names, age, sex mailing addresses, email addresses, and non-personal information. as financial information only when voluntarily submitted by users. We will only collect information that is pertinent and consistent with the purposes of the collection.
In some cases, and with your consent, we may need to ask an independent source to verify or provide supplemental information. These sources could include service providers we retain, other insurance companies or financial institutions, your employer or credit reporting agencies. In the case of your medical or health-related information, additional sources could include your doctor(s), other healthcare providers or facilities.
Purpose of collecting information
When the user submits an insurance proposal it contains personal information that will allow us to decide whether to accept or to refuse the request. Other personal information may be required to enable us to fulfill and honor the user request. For instance, if you choose to obtain a preliminary quote using the insurance quoting tool(s) on our site, you will need to provide us with demographic information such as your gender, date of birth, postal code, smoking status, mortgage information, and whether or not you are a Canadian citizen/resident. We will use this information to generate a preliminary quote for you. You will have the option to proceed further by providing additional PII such as your height, weight, tobacco usage, certain medical and driving history, certain family medical history, alcohol and drug abuse history that allow us to refine the preliminary quote suggested for you. We invite you to sign up to an account by providing additional PII such as your name, email address and phone number whereby you can save, view, and retrieve your quote information. We use your phone and email information to contact you with regards your requested quote information and to offer to answer any of our questions related to your quote. Your email address allows you to sign back to your account to view and retrieve your saved quotes. After signing up, you will be presented with insurance product detail and/or insurance product comparison options and/or insurance pricing guidance. In cases where product comparison options are not available, we will invite you to contact us to help you with your unique needs. Should you decide to start an application for a particular policy, you may be asked for more information on our Site including marital status, physical address, certain employment and financial information, current insurance ownership and certain questions. We may also collect information from you during your subsequent use of our Site, or when we communicate with you via telephone, e-mail or other means. Should you decide to proceed by requesting us to submit an application on your behalf to an insurance carrier, you may also be asked for additional information on the insurer’s electronic applications or website or on their behalf by our financial security advisors, insurance brokers that work with us and/or insurance company representatives. This is used to complete the insurance application that you authorize us to be sent to the insurance carrier.
If you choose to use our Site for an insurance needs assessment (“Insurance Checkup”), you may be asked to provide details such as, but not limited to, name, email address, age, postal code, whether you rent or own a home, whether you have an investment property, whether you have a mortgage, own or lease a vehicle, your marital status, whether you have children or pets, employment status, annual income range for you and your household, and some details about your present insurance coverage. This helps us identify your coverage risks and gaps over various life stages and lifestyle choices and recommend the appropriate products and coverage you may need to protect yourself.
You may also choose to use our website for calculating the appropriate amount of insurance coverage required for (or that you may be eligible for) your different insurance needs such as life insurance and critical illness insurance, mortgage insurance, or disability insurance. In this case, you may be asked for information such as your occupation, annual income, your outstanding debts, number of children, your estimates of your and family’s future spending needs, your existing insurance coverage, how many hours you work, how long have you been with your existing employer, etc.
We may also collect additional personally identifiable information that you voluntarily include in your postings or transmit through your communications to us. In certain cases, other users may also be able to view who has posted certain content or document.
Information we collect about you from third-parties
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers, and our joint marketing partners. Examples of such information we receive from third party sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses, browser type, operating system, domain names, access times, operating system, cookie information, referring website addresses, Internet Service Provider, files viewed on our site, e.g. HTML pages, graphics, etc), and/or clickstream data), location (such as city and province), and online behavioral data (such as information about use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). Anonymized or aggregated information is Non-Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including internal analysis, analytics and research. We use this information alone or in conjunction with other information (including PII) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant products, marketing, content and services, and administer the site.
How we use the information we collect
Your personally identifiable information may also be used for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Deliver and enhance the services of insurance quotes comparison, insurance advisory, financial security advice and overall customer service
- Pass to insurance carriers information for complete application for use for underwriting, providing accurate quotes and insurance policies
- Customize the service experience based on your geographical location, needs and interests
- Help the support team and financial security advisors respond to your needs/questions better
- Communicate with you to send you information including transactional notifications. We provide notifications for certain activities relating to your use of our Services, despite your indicated email/phone preferences, for example creating an account, setting/changing your password, selecting insurance quotes, completing an online insurance application, or to provide you any updates on your ongoing quotes and applications. We may send you an access code to your mobile number registered with us to help you complete certain actions like login, change password, reset a forgotten password, etc.
- To conduct and administer surveys, or promotions and contests
- Marketing Communications: we may share with you articles, news, blogs, reports, surveys, survey findings, offers regarding financial and consumer products purchased through our site or those that may appear to be of interest to you, that we offer and from partners with whom we have entered into a joint marketing agreement. The marketing information shared may be in the form of a periodic newsletter sent over email or a specific promotion sent over SMS / Text Messages.
- Create statistical and anonymized reports, analysis and predictive models, rules and insights using aggregated information about you and other customers
- For any other purpose to which you may consent
By signing up and/or by submitting your contact information, you are consenting to be contacted by us or one of our representatives or affiliates by telephone, text message, email, fax, telephone or any means. We may use your e-mail address, phone number or other PII (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, (b) to address intellectual property, right of privacy or defamation issues related to content you have posted on the Services, and/or (c) to send you promotional materials, offers, and/or messages related to our Services and the activities of third parties we work with.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent, certain functionality of the Site may not be available to you and we may not be able to provide you with certain Services.
Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Site. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
How we share the information
We may share, from time to time, and as detailed below, certain personally identifiable information and non personally identifiable information with selected partners in order to deliver the types of products and services you see on our Site.
We may share most/all of the PII we collect, as described above, with:
- Insurance carriers for obtaining quotes, submitting, and processing insurance applications
- Managing General Agents (MGAs) for ensuring completeness of application and passing completed application to the insurance carriers.
- Third party agents, brokers, insurers, and others including third party quoting tool providers who help us offer products and our services to you.
- Service providers and business partners in order to perform standard business functions on our behalf including those related to hosting or developing and maintaining website functionality, conducting research and data analysis for us, and providing marketing, communication or other promotional assistance.
- Reinsurance companies, and insurance support organizations, such as consumer reporting agencies.
- To the extent permitted by law, or required by law, in connection with a court order, summons, or subpoena, or when we reasonably believe it is necessary or appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud (including identity theft), situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or suspected violations of our Terms of Service or customer agreements;
- Other financial institutions with whom we may jointly market products, if permitted in Quebec.
- With corporate affiliates including any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With counterparties in the course of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, some or all of the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Except as described herein or disclosed to you at the time you provide your personal information, we will not share your personal information with any third-party marketer without your specific consent. However, we may share non-identifiable information, such as aggregate data and Usage Information, as described below, with third parties.
- Please note that any personal information consisting of medical or health information is only shared with third parties to perform business, professional or insurance functions on our behalf or as authorized by us.
- In some cases, we may share information with governmental agency and other companies in order in order to assist us in fraud prevention or fraud investigation. We may do as such when:
- Required by law
- When trying to protect against real or potential fraud
- When protecting against unauthorized transactions,
- When investigating incidents of fraud that has already occurred
When does information get sent to an insurance company?
We do not send any information to an insurance company until you authorize us or any of our third-party partners to begin the application process.
What insurance companies do with Data
The insurance companies will use your personally identifiable information for their proprietary underwriting purposes to determine your risk categorization for the specific insurance product you are applying for. This personally identifiable information may be used for, but is not limited to, requesting medical records, financial records, credit records, driving records, or other third-party documents during the underwriting process. Premium pricing displayed on the Site are based on basic underwriting guidelines only. The insurance company uses your personally identifiable information to determine the final premium price for your policy and your risk categorization.
On the website we request consent to collect use or share personal information. Consent can be written verbal, or electronic. Consent must be manifest free and must be given for specific purpose. Anyone can withdraw consent, at any time. Withdrawing or refusing to disclose personal information could restrict access to insurance services and products. Also, insurance applications submitted online maybe refused if personal information is not disclosed. If you wish to opt out of any form of future communications, either by email or by telephone, please advise us as such during initial contact.
Cookie and tracking technology
This website uses cookie and tracking technology dependant on the features offered. Cookie and tracking systems are useful for gathering information, such as your browser type and operation system. Plus, allows us to track the number of visitors to our website and how this website is used. Cookies might also help customize the features of the site. Note that personal information is not collection by cookies or tracking technology, however, personal information may be tied to it. Cookies do not store any of the personal identifiable information that you provided to us; they are simply identifiers. You may delete cookie files from your own hard drive at any time. However, cookies may be necessary to provide access to some features of the Site. Aggregate cookies and tracking information may be shared with third parties. Note that we have display advertising implemented for us across our side. These types of advertisements are displayed using remarketing technology through Google Analytics and Facebook pixel. A pixel tag can collect information such as the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. These tools do not identify you personally and allow us to track and analyze aggregated usage data about our Site. You cannot remove or block web beacons, but you can remove or block cookies with which they work to block the collection of information about your user activity. A third-party vendor, as Google and Facebook included, display our advertisements across the Internet.
We also use third-party tracking technology such as Google Analytics cookies and Facebook pixel to help analyze use of our website. This analytical tool collects standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for this Site. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit Google’s opt out page
We will not (and will not knowingly allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
We may request a testimonial from you to comment on our services. With your consent, we may display this testimonial with your name, and collect other material and media, as needed. If you provide us with a testimonial, with your consent we may post it on our Site or in other materials and media, along with your name (as needed). If you would like the testimonial removed, please contact us at email@example.com
Children’s online privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The Site is not designed for or directed at children 18 years of age or younger, and we will not intentionally collect information through this Site from anyone at or under this age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you think we have received or collected information from a child under the age of 13 through this Site, please contact us. We reserve the right to cancel the account of a user who is a child under 18 years of age.
External sites links
The site may contain links to third-party websites, including, but not limited to, insurance company websites. We are not responsible for the content or endorse the products in any way. These external sites would be governed by their own terms and conditions.
We use an Apache server with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol to secure your personally identifying information in order to reduce the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or use of information. We will continue to evaluate and adopt new security tools as they become available. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the PII submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your choices about your information
Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL) is an anti-spam law that applies to all electronic messages (i.e., email, texts) organizations send in connection with a commercial activity. Its key feature requires organizations that send commercial electronic messages within, from or to Canada, to receive consent from recipients before sending messages. We collect your email address and phone number for account creation and in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in compliance with CASL, when sending any marketing materials, we provide the recipients with the following information: (a) the name of our company, (b) the mailing address and either a phone number, voice message system, email address, or Site address where recipients can access an agent for more information, (c) a statement identifying the person on whose behalf consent is being sought, (d) the identity and contact information of any third-party or affiliate used to obtain consent, and (e) a free unsubscribing mechanism that lets recipients electronically opt-out of communications.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from correspondence lists.
You may opt-out of any future marketing contacts from us at any time. You can do the following by contacting us at email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Delete any information about you that we are not required by law to keep; and
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
How you can request changes to Data
While we make reasonable effort to make sure your data is correct and complete, you may reach out to us to request changes. A written request is required that provides details regarding your identification the correction being requested. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Commitment to Data security
Your personal information is kept secure. Only authorized financial advisors and insurance companies, we have agreed to keep information secure and confidential, have access to this information. Any changes to this policy will be posted upon such changes.
This policy was last update on May 05, 2020.
GET A FREE QUOTE
By submitting your information you are giving us permission to communicate with you via phone or email.